Sunday 10 May 2009

Took Downsie to the airport on Tuesday, should have nicked his cycling shoes considering the miles he is doing in the States! Had a lazy, beery weekend at Hollingworth lake near Rochdale even took my fell shoes as well but sometimes you just need to recharge the batteries eh.
Was planning to do Buttermere fell race today so went for a long training run on Wed for 2 1/2 hours but my shoes were not tight enough and ended up with blisters on both heels, should have known better really considering I have been running for over 25 years so I have had to concentrate on cycling which is probably what I need anyway for the E'tape.
Cycling training going well and probably averaging 500 miles a month and will start to ramp this up now the warmer drier weather is round the corner.
Etape du Dales this weekend so we will take the caravan to a site near the start at Grassington, I have been told it is tough so the big cog will be used on the rear mech and no beer on Saturday night, just like a marathon I suppose good training ride though.

1 comment:

downsey said...

Planning another 180 - 200 this weekend to match the Etape du Dales, but I couldn't possibly replace missing-out on the event.... gutted ! Have a good one, I expect a report within 24 hours !